Saturday, March 01, 2008

Don't feel like working? Shoot.

OK, there are idiots and then there are idiots. Then there are those who make the average idiot look smart.

The title and first paragraph of this make the guy look like he had a thinner reason than he actually did... turns out not only did he not want to go to work, but he didn't want to have to take a drug test.

Seems to me he must have been high when he hatched this scheme... and his friend had to have already pickled his own brain past the ability to reason.

What if the guy had died? I mean, if you're dumb enough to shoot someone you're probably not exactly bright to begin with.

Reminds me of a guy who used to work for me who used the dead grandmother's funeral one too many times. He called and left a message on my phone at work sounding all teary, saying his grandmother had died and he needed to head home. He'd already used it once before, but I figured it might be possible that a grandmother on each parents side had died within a month or so of each other, BUT... of course I wasn't convinced. He was a permanent temp, which meant he came through a temp agency but was on a regular long-term contract. I called the temp agency to let them know I needed a replacement while he was gone and to let them know I wan't comfortable with two dead grandmas.

Our temp account manager just laughed. Seems he'd already had two dead grandma's at his last placement. Dumb. If you're gonna come up with excuses to get out of work, ya gotta be smarter than that! No imagination obviously. Unlike our shooter guy who's dumb, but imaginative...

Officials: Man Asked Friend to Shoot Him So He Could Skip Work
Sheriff's detectives in Washington state say a man had his friend shoot him in the shoulder so he wouldn't have to go to work.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,334254,00.html
---
www.FayetteFrontPage.com
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
---

No comments:

1-800-PetMeds