Friday, November 21, 2008

Is your Christmas Tree making You Ill

TT Note: There's no doubt live trees in the house can aggravate allergies and asthma. The allergists in Fayette County recommend no live trees for homes whose occupants have allergies. Washing down the artificial tree as an attempt to lesson mold spores is a great idea.

24-7-- Could it be your Christmas tree that's making you sick? Recent studies tend to support that theory. It seems that Christmas trees, either real or artificial can be a source of mold or allergens that can be the cause of those "sniffles" you seem to have at this time of the year.

In a recent study, mold spores in an apartment had a normal range of 500-700 spores per cubic meter. When the Christmas tree was added, the spores measured about 800 spores per cubic meter of air for the first three days. By day 14 the spores count had increased to 5,000 spores per cubic meter. If you have asthma or are prone to sinus infections you are likely to have a problem. The longer you leave the tree up the worse the contamination.

An artificial tree, stored in the attic or basement for a year can pose many of the same problems. It can acquire pollens, dust or mold. Taking the tree outdoors and washing it down can help. But that isn't always possible due to cold temperatures of the season.

Minnesota based WorldWide Oxide markets and EPA approved GREEN mold preventer Vital Oxide. Vital Oxide is totally safe, is odorless, and contains no harmful VOC's states company spokesman Tom Heller. Simply spray Vital Oxide onto the tree every few days during the season, and the mold or allergen problem will not be a factor in your home states Heller. Because Vital Oxide is odorless, you will not have to worry about some cover-up scent destroying your Christmas ambiance.

For more information on the studies visit the WorldWide Oxide web site at http://www.worldwideoxide.com.

-----
www.fayettefrontpage.com
Fayette Front Page
Community News You Can Use
Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Tyrone
www.georgiafrontpage.com
Georgia Front Page

No comments: